It makes no difference whether you camp in an RV, a tent, or a holiday rental. Those are just the places where you hang your hat and curl up for the night. Camping allows for real pleasure and activities. Moreover, it’s an experience that you can customize for your family’s interests based on the season and where you’re going.
You don’t have to bring everything in the world to keep yourself amused. There are several easy activities for your next family trip. Here’s our super Sun checklist of camping activities to save you time brainstorming with your family!
Camping Activities – Prepare to Get Wet with these Water Activities
There are tons of exciting things you can do in the water if your campsite is near a lake, river, pool, or other body of water. Some are quite busy, while others like to spend their days resting. Put on your swimming suit and have some water fun.
- Skipping stones
- Floating or lounging
- Canoeing or kayaking
- Water skiing
- Wave runners
- Water volleyball or basketball
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Fill up an inflatable wading pool with water. This is great if you head to a camping or RV resort with utility hook ups!
Camping Activities: Stay Active with these Sports Activities
Not other camping and RV resorts provide as many facilities as Sun RV Resorts. If you’re rustic camping in the wild or you’re somewhere with limited amenities – or maybe just want some more variety – here are some great ideas to stay active with your family.
- Disc golf (Frisbee golf)
- Corn Hole
- Lawn bowling
- Spelunking (caving) – Have an experienced guide with you.
- Capture the Flag
- Hide and Seek
- Tag (there are dozens of variations)
- Red Rover
Camping Activities: Become One with Nature with these Family Camping Activities
Being closer to nature is part of the fun of camping. Explore the great outdoors more with these activities. Always be mindful of your surroundings. Don’t disturb or damage the wildlife.
- Animal watching
- Catching fireflies
- Bug collecting
- Gathering of nature (pine cones, rocks, flowers, etc.)
- Cataloging Rocks
- Fossil Hunting
- Looking for wild berries, nuts, and edible plants.
- Have a camping scavenger hunt.
Camping Activities – When It’s Time to Wind Down
Keeping active and having fun is a crucial aspect of every camping vacation. Yet you must also embrace downtime and give your mind and body a rest. If you’re going camping to get away from everyday stress, here are some terrific methods to unwind and enjoy your family camping vacation.
- Swing in a hammock
- Watch the trees blowing in the breeze
- Listen to nature
- Take lots of naps
- Daydream and let your mind wander
- Float on the water
Camping Activities – When You’re Stuck in the Tent
Maybe the youngsters need some downtime in the tent. Maybe someone isn’t feeling well. There might even be some unforeseen weather that is keeping you “indoors”. Of course, you could just be relaxing under the protection of your tent to escape the bugs. There are several activities available within the tent, whether alone or with friends and family.
- Read books and magazines
- Read aloud to each other
- Card games
- Board games
- Crafting (knitting, sewing, drawing)
- Watch movies on portable devices
- Other electrical gadgets may be used to play (iPods, iPads, Gameboys, etc.)
- Make up stories to tell each other
Camping Activities – Enjoying the Night
The camping excursion does not come to an end as the sun sets. A whole slew of activities become available when night time comes and dark settles on the campground. The darkness is a thrilling time while family camping because you’re not dealing with the lights and commotion of the city. Have a look at these fantastic nocturnal activities.
- Make shadow puppets
- Go for a nighttime walk
- Play flashlight tag
- Play hide and seek in the dark
- Go for a midnight swim
- Study the stars
- Shoot off fireworks
- Release sky lanterns
- Glow in the dark bowling is a fun game to play. Fill 2-liter bottles halfway with water and place light sticks inside. Make use of a ball to knock them down.
- Tell ghost stories
- Play Truth or Dare
- Sing campfire songs
- Play a guitar or other instrument
- Dance around the fire
- Try out new varieties of s’mores
- Build a colorful fire. Packages of colored fire crystals or pine cones are sold at most camping supply stores.
How can I be entertained while camping?
You can play travel games that roll up, but the greatest thing to do is go exploring. These may include group trips into surrounding cities if you’re vehicle camping, or expeditions to local waterfalls or overlooks if you’re camping in the woods. Swim in a river, a lake, or a swimming hole.
What are some fun things to bring camping?
9 Fun Things to Bring on Your Next Camping Trip
- #1. Mystical Fire Crystals.
- #. 2 Glow in the Dark Duct Tape.
- #3. Beat That! Board Game.
- #4 Light Up Bocce Ball.
- #5 Burrito Wrap Blanket.
- #6. Inflatable Air Lounger.
- #7. Tailgating Table.
- #8. LED Light Rope.
What is one of the top camping activities?
Classic Camping Activities
- Stargazing. It doesn’t get any simpler than kicking back and quietly appreciating the cosmic wonders of the night sky. …
- Campfire Cooking. …
- Campfire Stories. …
- Campfire Songs. …
- Hammock Hanging. …
- Hiking. …
- Fishing. …
- Survival Challenges.
How do I make camping less boring?
If you’re going camping to get away from everyday stress, here are some terrific methods to unwind and enjoy your family camping vacation.
- Swing in a hammock.
- Watch the trees blowing in the breeze.
- Listen to nature.
- Take lots of naps.
- Daydream and let your mind wander.
- Float on the water.